Add voice effects to your videos to dress up your Instagram reels. Instagram Reels are similar to TikToks in that they provide users with many of the same video-making tools.
Short videos can be recorded and edited with various effects such as adding audio, controlling the speed, applying a filter, overlaying text, and adding voice effects. We’ll concentrate on voice effect and show you how to incorporate them into your Instagram Reels.
Here’s how to use this feature if you want to sound like a giant, a robot, an announcer, a vocalist, or if you want to sound like you’ve just inhaled an ungodly amount of helium.
1. Tap the “Reel” button at the bottom of your Instagram feed screen
2. Tap the camera icon in the top right corner to create a Reel
3. Hold the record button to create a Reel, edit it using your initial editing options, and then tap “Preview”
4. You’ll have more editing tools at the top of the Preview screen. Tap the audio control tool that looks like a music note
5. Tap “Effects” in your audio controls, and pick whichever effect you want to add to your voice
The voice effect you selected will be added to your Reel, and you will then sound like a robot, a giant, or…you get the idea. You won’t sound the same as you did before.